Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I looked upon His eyes

"Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dewellest in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress: so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that he have mercy upon us." Psalm 123:1-2



Imagine for a moment that you are a slave and you are kneeling before your master. In your view is his hands. All you can see right now is his hands. As you kneel there, you are urning to look up and catch a glimps of his eyes. After all, the window to the soul is his eyes. You kneel there, the urning getting to much for you and finally you look up and catch his eyes. At that moment, the reverence that you have for your master turns to love, urning more to follow him. You can not at the moment stop looking at his eyes, his face, his expression.



Well, this is how I felt this morning as I did my study in Psalms. I was able to close my eyes and glance at Jesus's hands and I took the moment to steal a look at His eyes. I think for years I have been kneeling before His throne and looking only at His hands. Not daring myself to look any further. This was an extreme moment for me. I was just on the floor this morning praying out to Him, "I want to know you more, Lord."



I know in my heart that Jesus loves more than me, He has lots of children that He loves. But is it so wrong to believe for one moment that I am the only child that He has attention for? We need to love each other and we need to tell the lost of Him. But, I realized that for a moment it is okay to just imagine that Jesus and I are the only one stealing that moment.



I really just wanted to share this moment with the ones that I love, I hope that what ever moment you have with our Savior, it is a moment that will imprint on your heart forever. I will not ever fully know my master, but each moment is one step closure.




4 comments:

Nana C said...

Tanya, beautiful words today you have written. The hands of Jesus seemed to just reach out and urge you to look at him! On you knees in reverance and peace. Wow! Love Nana C

Susan said...

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Indian Lake Papa said...

Great post - We need to be always as close to our Savior as we can.

Anonymous said...

Tanya, thank you for sharing this, it was truly beautiful. Blessings on this Sonsday!