Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I am a foreigner

"In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me. Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue. What shall be given unto thee? or what shall be done unto thee, thou false tongue? Sharp arrows of the mighty, with coals of juniper. Woe is me, that I sojourn in Mesech, that I dwell in the tents of Kadar! My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace. I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war." Psalm 120


As I said in my last post, I am doing a study by Beth Moore on the Ascent of the Psalms. The first Psalm is 120. As I read through this psalm, I was taken by the fifth verse. I could not understand what it meant until I read further into the study. What it is saying here is that the psalmist is a foreigner in the land. I was so intrigued by this. Lately, I have really been feeling disconnected to some of my christian friends and some of the people that I come in contact at the Pregnancy center or other placed that I go. At first I thought maybe it was just me, but after I really looked at the psalm and really prayed over it, I realized that I am a foreigner in the land. I am here to tell people truth and spread the gospel. I am not always going to connect with my friends or family on certain subjects. I am not to be weaved into this world, but to further the Kingdom of my Jesus. My home is with Jesus when He takes me home. I am just leasing for now. I realized that maybe that is why I am not totally content to live here in Red Oak, it is not that I want to pack right now and leave. But I am looking forward to go home and be with Jesus. I feel a focus coming on and my heart pointing more north.
So, the first step that I have taken is: My contentment will come from the Lord.
As I focus on Him, he will give me the contentment and show me the directions that he wants me to go. So, I need to focus on the Lord always.

No comments: