Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beth Moore and Liz Curtis Higgs

For Christmas this year, a friend of mine gave me these cards by Beth Moore. They are amazing and they give you scriptures for ever strong hold in your life. Right now I am going over all the scriptures on Over eating. They also have card full of scriptures for Pride, Unbelief, Guilt, Idolatry, Addiction, Deception, Insecurity of Feeling Unloved etc. It even comes with a little stand that you can place all the cards in. I had always wanted a set of these, but I thought they were kind of expensive. I could not believe that this friend just gave them to me. I felt so blessed. I really encourage you to look into them. They are amazing. I have had this book sitting on my shelves for months now. I was not sure why I did not pick it up sooner. It is called "Bad Girls of the Bible," by Liz Curtis Higgs. Oh my is she so funny and I am relating more to the bad girls then I ever did with the good girls of the bible. Like for instance, I always related to Jezebel more than Ruth or Esther. And Liz explains why we relate better and how we can take that to further God's Kingdom. I am so loving this book, not to mention that Liz is so real. These are two items I highly recommend. I will tell more about the book as I go on. Love all of you and talk at you later.

Love from,

3 comments:

Nana C said...

Tanya, when we were growing up we had sometimes the Daily Word booklet at the kitchen table, but also those delightful cards in their holder with scriptures, we could just pick one up and read it, sometimes we did this alone, but most often our Dad and Mom would do it with us. I will look into the Beth Moore cards too. Thank you Love Nana C

Anonymous said...

Tanya, I just recently became very interested in Beth. Been watching for the past few months "Wednesday's With Beth" and now contribute to her ministry. Got and have read two of her books and got a CD, which was one of my posts on my blog. She is certainly an inspiration and I am glad you are being blessed by her too. Those cards sound beautiful! Thank you for sharing dear one.

Just Be Real said...

Tanya, I hope this day is a good one for you. Thinking about you. Blessings dear one!