Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our Gideon

Well, it has been a long week. Our little Gideon here pictured with Luke started showing some signs of neurological problems last week. He could not move his back legs. Then Thursday Luke called him and he got up pretty slow and limped on his left back leg. We took him to the vet and our vet said that he probably had some calcium build up on his spin and it was probably effecting is walking. Dr. Houston gave Gideon a cortisone shot and some pain meds and rest. By Saturday his neck swelled up and he sounded like his lungs were filling up with water. I called the vet and he recommended benadryl and chicken noodle soup. Saturday, Gideon took it well, by Sunday he was throwing it all up and refused to eat or drink. So on Monday, Melanie and I took him back in. Dr. Houston was really concerned and kept him for two nights. The only change was that he was actually eating a little and holding it down. So today, Jeff, Luke, Mel, Gideon and I went to the vet in a local town and Gideon went through some test. Gideons thyroids were low, diabetes and a bad back. We brought Gideon home and he seems pretty happy to be home. He has to be down for four weeks. Vet wanted him to be in a kennel for four weeks, but Jeff and I have kept him on his big pillow and have not allowed him off the pillow. I sat in our home on Sunday and just cried out to God about this little dog. I placed Gideon in His hands and just sat and trusted Him. I have noticed lately that trusting God is hard, but when you start it is such a blessing. He has so blessed us this week and I mean even the bad news seems like such an awesome blessing. I am so glad that I have such an awesome Savior who really loves me and wants the best for us, even our pets. Thank you so much Lord. I pray that all of my blogger friends will place their trust in you, Amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tanya, what a precious dog God has put in your life. God knows how much pleasure you get out of Gideon and He understands your concern for him. I have two birds and I know God has created them for my pleasure and visa versa I am sure! Yes, it is awesome to think that God went through all that trouble to create animals for our care and love. I only have good prayers for Gideon and his human family. Blessings dear one!

Heather said...

So glad Gid is doing better! I LOVE that doggie:)

Hope to see you sometime! Miss ya!

Love ya!

Susan said...

So glad to hear you got ot bring your little guy home with all of you. Keep him happy with his pillow.