Friday, March 20, 2009

Planted Seeds

I have been kind of focused lately on working on the yard. So the study I did Wednesday in Beth Moore is kind of appropriate.

"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience."

I was doing the morning study with Beth Moore when she started to talk about this scripture. She stated the different sinerios of the planting of the seeds. She came to a word picture of a christian who will listen to a powerful sermon or doing the Breaking Free study. This Christian will be so moved by the study or sermon and yet go home and keep falling into the same patterns of temptation or sin. This really hit me. I have had those spiritual spankings and then go home and do it again. I will struggle with it, or justify it. I will give it to God and turn around and do it again. So I believe that I am the seed on the rocks. Because I will walk away with it stuck in my head and then I let temptation pull it away. I love God and I do believe I am saved. I just think for me there are certain sins that I know I need to change and I do not. God is clear in His Word even about these and I keep them. I think this time I am going to listen. It is amazing how God uses people to touch others with their view on scriptures. I am so glad that I have been praying on my face like she asks. I think I am more humble to see these things. God bless all of you and have a great day.
Love from,
>