Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Is God really on my side?

"Regardless of how long we've been Christians and how deeply we've studied God's word, most of us don't really believe down in the marrow of our bones that God is entirely, whole heartily, and unwaveringly on our side." quoted by Beth Moore



This was brought up this morning in my study of Psalms of the Ascent by Beth Moore. This really struck me hard. See for a couple of years now, I have noticed my attitude towards God. It seems like a wall had been thrown up between God and I.

I have known for sometime that something was holding me back in my walk with the Lord. When Susan suggested another Beth Moore study, I started to pray that God would open doors that no man could open and close doors that no man could close. Change my heart, make me uncomfortable.

I think sometimes that the view point I have towards people effects the way I look at God. We are human and we do hurt each other. Sometimes I wondered if God was upset with me or left me behind. And of course the pulse of guilt that I carried, and I am not going there.

But, this morning I changed my view point of Him. And it was not until she quoted the scriptures from Romans 8:28-39 that it became more clear. That whole section of scriptures is awesome, but only one scripture came flying off the page.

"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us."

At that moment I realized that there is so much blessings, the wall broke down and I am free to renew a fresh relationship with God. I can view Him as God, who will always be there fulfilling His truths for me and He will never leave me and He is by my side right now.


The bible is full of truth that I need to apply to my heart. I need to live in the word and know that when things happen, that all those truths will keep me safe. God will never leave me, nor forsake me. He loves me or He would of never created me, this is truth, and the more that I learn, let go of deceit and apply the truth, the more I will grow and know Him.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister - I'm glad your relationship with Him is getting only that much deeper! Keep searching - you're not done finding :o)

Nana C said...

Surrender, to really give our life to God, to love, honor and obey Him. When we do this with prayer, those words must become actions, and then we become through His grace "doers of the Word". This is so powerful! Yes, my dear friend, He, Our God is, He is the Alpha and Omega, our Rock. He has begun a good work in you Tanya. Love Nana C

Unknown said...

The world can through so many things at us that we lose perspective of just how much God loves us. I think Paul realized this when he told the Ephesian church, "May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully" Ephesians 3:19. I believe the more we focus on Him, the more we will begin to understand His love.
I am so glad that you have grown closer to Him.
Sandy Hancock
Author of Letting Go, Pathway to an Amazing Life

Anonymous said...

Hey I really like the header you created! Neat picture! Now your hubby can put that pic on his 'puter as a screen saver and be able to gawk at your ankles!!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Tanya, thanks so much for sharing. Surrender is the ultimate goal! Hard, but it points to freedom! Amen!