Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Storms

Last night Red Oak and surronding areas were hit by high winds, lightening, thunder and rain. Some areas even got a tornado. I have really never been a spring kind of gal until I moved to Iowa. I love the storms, now my kids hate them. But I love them, it reminds me of the storms of life that I go through. When I walk into a storm I know God is with me and when I come out of the storm I will not be the same person I was going in. The cleaning of my heart and mind and the directions that I will start to go through with God as my guider.

Storms are not a bad event, it is an awesome one. James talks about finding it all joy through our trials. James is an awesome book to go through. I remember one time I was struggling with something and I spent the whole time in the book of James. It really changed my life at that time. The bible is so awesome and it really helps me grow. I will always go through something, and change with God's help. So, storms will always be in my life. At least I will not go through them alone. God will never leave me nor forsake me.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mornin' dear!
I too enjoy storms. Something exciting inside me goes off when there is power in nature going on outside, that I have no control over. Glad you were protected from any tornadoes.

True, the real storms of our lives our Lord and Savior goes with us through them, amen! Have a good day dear one!

Nana C said...

Tanya, growing up in Indiana we had those bad winters, not remembering the tornadoes. Yes, Gary and I were in Red Oak last year when the storms were surrounding us, in the basement a couple of times too. Yes, the Bible our daily food is so close, just to have our trust in God, those life struggles seem futile, don't they! Looking forward to seeing you soon. Love Nana C

Susan said...

This is great.The girls and i just put up on our whiteboard about a week ago the verse from James 1:2. we talk all the time about counting EVERYTHING Joy. I told them this means everything.

So i guess I should take a little of my own advice and try to find some Joy in this breast infection.

Thanks for the reminder.