Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stepping Up

For the last couple of months I have been doing this bible study, Stepping Up by Beth Moore with a couple of my friends. I have had this done for a while and I thought that it would be time to share each of my steps with you all. See, we read the Psalms of Ascent from 120 to 134. After we do the study we then chart what we feel God has shown us through that Psalm. So, I am going to start with Psalm 120 and work my way down.

Psalm 120- Contentment comes from the Lord.

Psalm 121- The Lord is my shelter and He will be with me Forever.

Psalm 122- Find contentment in the place I live and worship.

Psalm 123- Set my mind on the Kingdom and pursue it.

Psalm 124- Christ is on my side and He loves me.

Psalm 125- He surrounds His people and fills us with praise.

Psalm 126- God's word always brings hope and growth.

Psalm 127- Let the Lord build up my family.

Psalm 128- Blessings come from obedience and pruning of my vines through obedience.

Psalm 129- I am not a victim or an oppressor, I am a true child of God.

Psalm 130- I will not isolate myself from God's people and God. And believe God has forgiven me.

Psalm 131- Let my words be few and I will rest in God.

Psalm 132- Petition the Lord and He will grant me my answer, weather it is yes or no or no answer at all.

Psalm 133- We must unite as a family and a church.

Psalm 134- I must praise God now and set my heart on pilgrimage.

I really learned so much about the Psalms of Ascent. That is what these psalms were about. The feast and pilgrimage of the Israelites. I really enjoyed it and I learned so much. I hope that these psalms touched you as much as they touched me. God bless all of you and have a great day. Love Tanya

5 comments:

Susan said...

Wow. i think i am going to write my steps out also. It is really neat to see where God has taken you and me. he is a good God. I am truly blessed to call you my friend and Sister.
See you Saturday, Susan

Tanya Ross said...

I am also blessed by you and Wendi. I see how far God has taken all of us and we have grown together with love and God's guidance. I can not wait to see your steps. God bless you sister and I know we will have many more roads together. Love Tanya

Nana C said...

Tanya, so glad you are feeling God's love through this time of study. God is good! Love nana C

Indian Lake Papa said...

Studying God's word is important - mama and I are in a "Fireproof" group together.

Just Be Real said...

Wow, my studying gal! Good for you Tanya! Glad you learned so much! Blessings as you continue in God's word!