Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Reality Check

The other night I was on my Facebook page and while I was there one of my High School friends Edie showed up and we spent time chating back and forth. She hates to type and I had her number so I called her. In high school, Edie was a punk rocker and she always dressed up in all of these funny clothes. But she was a great friend and we spent alot of time with each other and we also had some classes together. I never really knew specifics about her or her home life. So the other night as I was talking to my friend Edie I realized somethings about her and myself. She told me she was a christian and then recited several scriptures by memory. She also told me that she homeschooled her children. I was so marvaled and amazed. I had made a judgement on a friend from what I had known of her. I did not realize that people change and they are not who they once were. I started to think about others that I have recently contacted and wondered what their stories were? Had they changed?

And then I realized that I was a different person in High School then I even remembered. I remembered going to church with my parents, but I always thought I was one that ran from God. But recently I realized that only God got me through the high school years. I remember talking to him alot and pacing my bedroom crying out to Him. I remember really feeling guilty and asking for repentence alot. I have really loved the Lord more than I ever remember in High School. It just delights my heart to fall to Him and know that I love Him so, always.

So, my reality check is this, I should not judge a person by what I think they were. Do not judge at all. But, I should look at the person and let God show me their heart and love them no matter what. Also, I should not let guilt, shame and bad tapes in my heart make a decision on who I was in the past. Love myself and let that love flow through to other people.

It is an amazing journey with God, He is so awesome and I can not wait to see more. God bless all of you.

Love,

>

3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Tanya, that is very inspirational.

Sometimes we all grow up. As you stated, you remembered Edie as a punk rocker. Who would of thought she would become a mother and homeschool her children like you do. And to top it off, a Christian to boot! God was really at work in this situation the other night with you contacting her. Neat story, thanks for sharing. Blessings dear one!

Nana C said...

Tanya, thank you for the reminder and that God loves us when we really Do not judge at all and love them,love them, pray for them and be thankful to Him for His grace to us. Nana C

Susan said...

What a great post. makes me wonder what my friends would think about me now. i am most asssuradely a new creation from what I used to be.
Susan