Friday, April 17, 2009

Tearful Reminders

When Melanie and I were at the Bright Lights, Jeff and Luke were shopping. They went to game stores, thrift stores and pawn shops. This is something they really like to do together. When we got home, Jeff showed me all the goodies that he had purchased, one of them was a Cd by Russ Taff. I was introduced to Russ Taff by my cousin Gena. I was a sophomore in High School and Gena and I would get together for a whole weekend and read Anne of Green Gable books and listen to Russ Taff. We would have a blast and I had such an awesome and safe time with my cousin Gena.

So, This Russ Taff Cd was like a greatest hits. I put it on my Zune software yesterday and was able to listen to it this morning as I went to pick Jeff up from work. The first song came on, and I started to cry. Oh it was not a cry of sadness, but of joy. All of these awesome memories of Gena and I laying across her bed, both of us with a book and the music flowing through the room came to mind and my heart just leaped. The next song came on and I cried a little harder and then the next, a little harder. I was crying so hard, I couldn't even sing the songs. It was so awesome and I felt so blessed.

It amazes me, a song brought such memories to me. Sometimes it is a scent, or seeing something that is familiar. I feel so blessed, even if that memory is not a good one. I love that God gave me this. This morning it showed me that He is so grand and He cares about my heart. I have to tell you something, A couple of years ago, my cousin Gena got married. And you know how some people use the traditional wedding march at their weddings? Well, Gena used the main theme to the movie of Anne of Green gables for her wedding march. Again, I was so blessed to be able to be a part of that with her.

What gave you memories today? I hope something that made you look at your Father with love and thankfulness. God bless all of you and have an awesome weekend, love Tanya

8 comments:

Just Be Real said...

I tell ya girl, you are really getting in touch with some of your feelings. You are truly blessed to have special moments and to have God right there with you all the way.
Blessings dear one!

Tanya Ross said...

I think sometimes it is easy for me to just shuff off emotions as, I am emotional or it is time for that part of the month, etc. But emotions did come from God and I know that he would want us to use them in a Godly way. And memories are awesome. I love them. Thanks for the comment and I will be over soon.

Just Be Real said...

Tanya, sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you are using a particular website to get your templates for your blog? I would be interested. Thanks dear one!

Nana C said...

Tanya, yes I have a memory to share, I attended a grief share with a dear friend who had her husband pass in Dec. 08 this last Wednesday evening. We shared our losses, but God brought to my heart that my Mom was so dear to me and that again we will meet in heaven someday, and then the wonderful grandchild that is with Jesus now, we will be able to hold him or her in heaven someday too. I let those memories come, and God blessed me. Thank you dear Tanya, Love Nana C

Tanya Ross said...

Just be Real: I use Minima Stretch template and I also go here to get some help with colors and changing border sizes. Here is the website, http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/. If you need any help let me know.

Nana, you are so right and memorise are all we have and seeing them soon is our hope. love ya.

Just Be Real said...

Thanks dear for the link. Will check it out. Blessings and have a great Sonday!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how memories can be triggered by music? I'm so glad Russ' music was able to do that for you!
Blessings,
Tori Taff

Indian Lake Papa said...

Memories - what a God given part of us that is so special! I have thought of both my parents, now gone, but still very real in my memories. I was blessed!