Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our Teen Group

This evening I was blessed to be with ten kids who are just awesome. I do not know if they know Jesus as their savior, but it does not matter. These kids are just so great and I am so excited to get to know them. Our church, which is a home church, started a youth group tonight. The kids even gave their group an awesome name, they call themselves "Faith Flayers" I am not sure what it means, but they all liked it. It is better than the other name they wanted, which was Spit. I am not sure why they thought of that. Anyways, they really got into the singing and they had awesome questions. I hope to share more about them later. God is going to do awesome things for these kids. I just wanted to share that with you and ask that you would pray for strength and wisdom for the teachers and that you would pray for the kids to open their hearts for God's leading. I hope that you all have a wonderful day and I pray for you often. God bless you from Tanya.

2 comments:

Just Be said...

Yes, Faith Flayers is much better than Spit. But, when I saw the word Spit, it reminded me of a card game by that same name I used to play as a youth. I loved that game. Totally forgot how to play it though.
Regardless Tanya, sounds very exciting the way you share about the kids. Teachers are important and do need the wisdom and guidance for our youth these days! Blessings dear one and thank you!

Nana C said...

10 youth, wow! I remember Gary and I had about 25 on Sunday evenings for a few weeks for Bible Study in our home. They sat in the living room, and on the floor in our two hallways, the ones by the girls bedroom they kept an eye on the girls for us. pray hubby will surrender to God, can't believe he went to church, took communion, was baptized, and had Bible studies, "just to keep the peace", he does not know if he is a believer, God does though. Love nana C