Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ragbrai



I am not sure when Ragbrai comes into town the last time. I think the last one we had was twelve years ago. I remember the last one, I worked at Mcdonald's at the time and we got hit really hard. Ragbrai is several people who ride their bikes across Iowa and I think other states, and Red Oak is one of the towns who will host them. It really is fun to have all the people come to our town and we have a chance to get to know them. If you would like more information about Ragbrai, go here. I hope to get some pictures of all the bikers that will visit here. It looks like we are going to have quite a few people.

To all who commented on the last post about the book Shack. I would really like to say something about the book. I really believe that you need to know your bible really well before you read this book. If you do read the book and you are confused about some things that are mentioned, please e-mail me or ask your minister about it. I believe that people or authors are trying their best to present the gospel or the deity of God in a way that people would understand. But sometimes this can be dangerous, if someone is not versed in the bible. Read the word of God and let the spirit lead you. It is a good book and I see what the author is trying to do. Just make sure that you pray about it and let the word of God and the spirit lead you during your reading. God bless all of you and I love ya, from Tanya

3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Ragbrai sounds like fun! I heard of motorcycles coming into town, and that was realy noisy. I think bikes are less noisy though.

Thanks for the heads-up on the book and knowing the Bible in order to understand the book better.

Tanya have a blessed Wedensday dear one and thank you for all you do!

Nana C said...

Hi , we have a friend through our financial advisors, actually Kim works for them and anyway Kim's Mom lives in Red Oak. When we saw Kim last week, she mentioned her Mom wanted her to come for a vacation to see the Ragbrai come through Red Oak, well I didn't know what she was talking about, I played like WOW how cool. Small world huh? Yes, we have been discussing the Emergent Church movement and the Emerging Church, two different items, so we had a woman in our Sunday School class make a similiar statement that you are talking about in this post Tanya, know your Bible put it always at the top of your reading stack. Thank you love nana C

Just Be Real said...

Tanya, thank you dear one for your recent post to me of encouragement! Truly welcoming! Blessings to you and your family at this Ressurection Sonday!