Wednesday, April 22, 2009

An Awesome Birthday Surprise

Yesterday was my birthday. And I had known that my sister was coming by, on her way to Georgia. Well, she stopped in yesterday. Now I have to tell you without going through a lot of details, that my sister and I have not always been close. In fact we kind of grew up in two different households. And it always seems like when we get together the past has a way of showing it's ugly head and then we do nothing but fight. So a couple of weeks ago, when she called me, I started to pray about how I could be a better hostest and sister to my sister. I realized that in all the years that I have been walking this earth, I have not reached out to my sister and little brother. I really believe that if someone came into my house and asked some hard questions pertaining to my sister and brother, I would not be able to answer them. I know nothing about them. So, when my sister came yesterday, we sat down and had an in depth conversation and we actually did not fight once. I realized why God loves her so much, it is not that she is stubborn or bull headed. It is because she has passion and compassion. She fights for everything that has been handed her way and she stand strong. It made me so proud of her and even wanted to be like her. But, her strength is my weakness and my strength is her weakness and if we are really serious about changing, we will in the end help one another.

I have also realized that I am one year shy of forty and I have grown more in the last six months of my life than I ever have the last thirty nine of them. I am so looking forward to the present and my future. I am excited and what ever is thrown my way, God is in control and He is going to get me through this. God bless all of you and I love you all, love Tanya

No comments: