Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bright Lights

B eing
R adiant
I n
G odliness
H oliness &
T estimony


LIGHTS

A couple of friends had mentioned that they were reading this book "Before Prince Charming" by Sarah Mally to their daughters. I enquired about the book and they told me the website to look at. I went to the site and found many books and bible studies that my daughter and I could do together. Then my friend Susan told me that the Mally Family was going to be in Omaha, I really wanted to go.

Susan and I decieded to go together on Tuesday night. We get to the church and their were many people, more than I figured on a week night, we walked into the church and Melanie went to her group the Lanturns and I stayed back. I really felt the Lord telling me that I needed to let this time be for Melanie and Him. See, since she has become a young lady, she has not been the same. I have really felt distant from her, but the worst thing I would want to do, is push myself on her.

So Tuesday after the event, Melanie and I went to the hotel to wait for Jeff and Luke. We talked, and she did not understand why we were going to this. I explained it to her and she understood it alittle more. On Wednesday, I stood back from her again and let her be with her small group and new friends. While they were in their small group, the mothers socialized and they did some teachings with us. There was this one session with a video, and the lady in the video talked about her relationship with her daughters. She talked about a list of certain no no's a mother should not do. I pretty much did all of them and I felt awful. I did go buy the Cd. I am also praying for a new relationship with Melanie.

At the end of the day, Melanie came running up to me and yelled, "I had an awesome time mom, thank you for bringing me." She could not stop talking about it. See, the goal of the Mally family is for the daughter to have a strong relationship with Jesus. This way she is not looking for prince charming and she is looking for a deep relationship with her heavenly Father. They also equip Dad's and Mom's for their roles to help them acheive this goal. I am so glad that I did this. I feel like God is going to change Melanie and I and we are going to have a great relationship. Most of all, Melanie is going to have a strong relationship with God.

In a couple of day, they said they were going to post all the pictures of the seminar. If you would like to see them go here. God bless all of you with deep love from me, love Tanya

3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Tanya, what a sweet time you had with your daughter and to recognize that she needed to be her own person. She respected you in this, in her own little way. Thank you for sharing!

Nana C said...

Tanya, I am so excited for Melanie and you, How Great Is Our God!. Keeping your family in touch with each other and having God as the center, it is ideal. Love Nana C

Nana C said...

Hi again, I went to look at the pictures, and they are not there yet? Let me know. Thanks Nana C