Thursday, December 31, 2009


I would like to talk about sheep. I am currently reading a small pamphlet call "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want" by Daniel P. Douglass.

It has been a really good read, but I have learned so much about myself and my shepherd Jesus Christ. And I have learned that sheep are more smarter than I thought. Here is what I have learned.

First of all I have learned that Jesus has many names. Two of His names that are really important to me are Savior and Shepherd. Savior is what Jesus was when I became a Christian, he will always be the one who saved my life from sin. But now I am looking at the name of Shepherd, this name is important to me because He is the one who will herd me through life, He will protect me and He will guide me. I am learning that the role of a shepherd is really important to the sheep.

A shepherd is the protector of the herd of sheep, if you look into the role of a shepherd you will learn that if a sheep is being threatened by a predator, the sheep will look to it shepherd for signals on how to get out of the danger. If the shepherd is calm and aggressive towards the threat, the sheep will be calm. But the sheep will not do anything until it is guided by it shepherd.

A sheep will not go to any other shepherd, it only goes to it's shepherd. A sheep will only listen to the voice of their shepherd. The author was talking about how other shepherd tried to lear another shepherd's sheep from him and they would not budge.

If a sheep keeps wandering from the herd, the shepherd will break the legs of the sheep and keep the sheep close by him while the legs are healing. By time the sheep is able to walk by itself in the herd, it will not leave the shepherd or wander again.

The shepherd will leave it's flock to find other sheep that have wandered off. The sheep will not leave and will stay together until they hear their shepherd voice. The shepherd is also the physician of the flock, he will nurse the sheep back to health and stay by that sheep until it is well.

So there are many different role of the Shepherd and you can find all of these verses in the bible to back the role of the shepherd.

Seven evidences that my Shepherd is leading me from Colossians 1:9-12:

1. I walk worthy. (as a child of the King: a princess or princes)

2. I am fruitful, (I live for everlasting things) (Fruit in me, Gal 5:22-23 love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. Fruit through me John 15:1-7, 16)

3. I increase in the Knowledge of God.

4. I am strengthen with all Spiritual might.

5. I have patients in long suffering.

6. I am joyful.

7. I give thank to the Father, in everything.

*Are these evidences seen in your life? I have decided that this is going to be my resolution. Not loosing weight or any other resolution. It is to follow my Shepherd and be everything on this list above. I hope that you will come with me and make this new year 2010 full of God and all the directions He has for us. Love all of you and God bless you.


2 comments:

Parsley said...

I've been thinking and blogging a lot about faith lately. I like being a sheep ;)

Tanya Ross said...

I do also, God is such a great Shepherd. Happy New Year!!!