Friday, December 11, 2009

I can not believe that it is December already. I am wondering where this year went. It seems like each year goes faster and faster. This is Luke's junior year and Melanie is now in middle school. Soon, Luke will be off with his life and Melanie will not be soon behind him.

I normally put all my Christmas items up the weekend after Thanksgiving. But we were in Georgia, so I slowly put items up and I think I am finished. I do want to get some snowflakes for the tree or something that will capture the lights.
The Lord has been laying on my heart lately to start a women's group in my home. I really was not sure why God wanted me to start one. I prayed to the Lord and I said, "Lord if this is what you want, you need to give me some confirmation of some type." So last Saturday a dear friend of mine came to visit and we got to talking. She has really missed the fellowship of women since our woman's group disbanded and she was desiring this again. It was the confirmation that I needed. God has even given me more names to add to my list, ladies that I would of not even thought about asking. So, late January I am going to start this group. Of course I will stay with my other groups, I so love to be with them, but I believe God is trying to get me out there with other ladies. I feel like I am the encourager, prayer warrior of my family, if I am not in the word or looking to God, I loose hope. And if I loose hope, I believe that my whole family looses it also. Most of the women in this group are possibly non-churched or have had church in the past and are not attending one now. I have learned from the Pregnancy Center, I can not judge that young mother coming in the door with children who are unruly. Maybe the mother has not been taught about discipline. So, I need to pray for her and sit her down and show her how to discipline her children. Give her tools to use and then let her do what she feels comfortable for her family. Judging her is not one of the tools I should teach her, guidance and love is. I have been to full of judgement in the past and I do not want to do that. I have no idea what that mother or father has faced in their past or how they were taught. I believe that as a christian I need to teach God's word to the mothers and show them how to pass it to their children. So, God is giving me my chance, to show God's love and His word to ones who do not know them. This should be really awesome and I am ready for a new season in my life. I hope that all of you are seeing the next page God has you going too. It is awesome to see growth, trials, and directions. God is good, all the time. Bye

No comments: