Thursday, December 24, 2009

I was reminiscing the other night with my sister in law Teresa. I was telling her about this Christmas that I remember as a child. I think I was about nine and my parents were still married. My mother worked for a home for the challenged and she had invited a couple of her clients home to enjoy Christmas with us. I can see dad right now playing chess with one of the clients and the other one helped mom in the kitchen. I have had many Christmases since then, and every single one of them was special. Or they were challenging. I had one Christmas that was so challenging to me and the hand of a stranger got me through it. I was stationed in Germany and Jeff and I had just been married two months before. Jeff was stationed in Maryland and we were apart for our first Christmas as a married couple. I so hated it and I wanted to be with him so bad. I had no where to go and this lady asked me to come to here home and celebrate Christmas with her and her children. Her husband was in Desert Storm and she was just as lonely as I was. So she invited a handful of soldiers to her home to celebrate the holidays. It was so awesome and I was so blessed by her generosity. I hope during this season of love and giving that we all extend a hand of grace to someone who does not have a place to go, or family around them. Reach out with our hearts and our love. God bless you all and I wish you all a Merry Christmas. Love Tanya

2 comments:

Susan said...

Tanya what a beautiful story, thanks for sharing. I remember my first Christmas married to Marc he was on a 6 month deployment out to sea. The next Christmas made up for it because we had a new baby.

Tanya Ross said...

That is cool. It seems that we go through things for just a season and God always blesses us through it. Have a Merry Christmas. Love Tanya