Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our anniversary was on September 28Th, but with all of the activities that our family has gone through, we were not able to celebrate it. So last night Jeff's family came to our house and we celebrated our anniversary and some October birthdays. This is funny, Jeff and I were blowing out two candles. You would think this would be easy, but no, Jeff leaned over and blew out mine and left his burning. He is such a card sometimes.


I have to be honest with you, when I met Jeff in the Army, we had only known each other for a week when he proposed. I remember the night that he asked me to be his wife. I was in shock, how can I be his wife when I did not know how to be a wife. The examples of marriage for me was not exactly the best. I was so scared, but it is like faith, I knew I loved him so much and I just could not be without him. So I said yes, but I was still not sure. After he left for the states and I was still in Germany, I just felt like someone had took my heart from me, and I knew that it was Jeff that had. So I just had to marry the man who stole my heart.

Now, 19 years later, I still feel the same for Jeff. The love has really matured and I look at Jeff as being more of my best friend than my husband. We laugh more than ever and we still have our moments. But in the end, he is the one I go to for question, a shoulder and support. I am blessed in life with two best friends. My first one is my Lord and my second is my husband. How awesome is that.


This is our brother in law Jr, his birthday is in the beginning of October, so we celebrated his birthday last night. It is so amazing to me how the time has just gone by so much. I remember celebrating birthdays one at a time, but now that our families have grown up, it is hard to get together with everyone. Our kids are now almost on their own and they are producing their own lives.




This is Jeff's dad and Jr on their birthday. Next week is Halloween and then we are looking at the season of Thanksgiving. I am amazed at how this year just flew by and we are almost two months till 2010. It is so fast and my kids are so grown. I love them dearly and I am so proud of them. I cherish each and every event, moment and birthday with our family.


Time is not on our side, but we can full fill the time we have with good memories and love. I am so grateful to the Lord for showing me Love. I would never of known how to love if it was not for him. He has shown me so much and I am so grateful for it. God bless you all.

P/S I wanted to ask for prayer for a couple of things. First, I found out yesterday that a dear friend of my side of the family (Richards side) died on Thursday and she is with the Lord. But her husband who suffered a stroke some years ago is still alive and in a nursing home alone. Please pray for him and his safety. That God wraps him with protection and gives him good nurses to take care of him.

Secondly, Tasha was rushed to the hospital on Friday with contractions every three minutes. It turned out to be a false alarm. But she is really close to having the baby. She is 3.5 cm dilated and on stricked bed rest for two weeks. So just keep her in your prayers.

Thirdly, a dear friend of mine has gone through some hard time in the last week, I just ask that you pray for her and her family. The comfort of our Lord who never leaves us, and the guidance of our Lord through tough decisions. They really just need comfort right now.

And my last prayer request is for another dear friend and her husband. That the Lord would heal, protect and guide through some health and job issues. God is with them and I know they will get what God needs them to get. But just pray for them.

God bless all of you and have a wonderful week. Love Tanya

No comments: