Friday, October 9, 2009


For the first three days of my stay in the hospital, I had this intense headache. At first I thought it was due to the surgery. When I told the nurse about it, she said I was coming down off of caffeine and that is why I had a headache. I sat there and thought, "my land, if this is from caffeine, I must of been hooked bad." It donned on me that I had created so many bad habits for myself, so I have not drank anything with carbonation or caffeine. My stomach is not blotted anymore and I am feeling less gassy if you know what I mean. I have also tried to stay away from the artificial sweeteners. I have not craved food since I got out of the hospital and I have cooked every night. It has been awesome, but last night we went over to see family and we did not leave till about nine. Jeff said we should just pick up something. So, we went to Subway, you know it was so healthy and delicious. I also have notice that I am not eating as much as I used to. Now I have to confess, I have a candy bar every once in a while, but it is not like I used to be. I used to have to have one every day.

Three months before my surgery a friend came into the center and she was reading this health book. It was telling of the dangers of artificial sweeteners. It was saying that artificial sweeteners has caused people to crave food. Not to mention the embalming fluid that is in them. I have also realized that the gifts from God have to be acted on, like lets take joy for a moment, we can pray and pray and pray about receiving joy. But bottom line is you just know you have it from God, you have to pull it out of yourself and then just keep praising God for the joy that He has given you. I have found this with Self Control, He has given it to me, I can not just sit there and keep praying to Him for it or I need to act on it. Since I have come to that revelation, I am not afraid of food anymore, and I know I can with God's help, break the fear of the thirty pounds. The fear is that when I hit thirty pounds, I will stop and gain it all back plus some. It does not exist anymore, With God I can do all things through Him that Strengthens me. I am free, and you can too. He has given you the gift in Galatians 5:22-23 and in Ephesians 6 He has given you the offense and defense to protect the gifts that He has given you. He is so prepared for us, we just have to grab it. It is so awesome to be free. I sit here fifteen pounds lighter and I plan to keep going. I feel great and I am blessed. I love all of you and God bless you, from Tanya.

4 comments:

l.ann said...

WOW, fifteen pounds?!?!?! That's fantastic! I feel that I am within that struggle right now. Problem on my end is that I don't drink the pop, eat the sugars (artificial or raw). We are on a whole foods diet already, I just can't seem to drop the weight. I'm in the process of simply thanking Him for the successes of weight loss. He will honor what we put our hand to.
So glad you're feeling so much better ~ and on your way to FORTY pounds :o)

Tanya Ross said...

I know, it is amazing how He has taken all my fears away. He is so good.

Susan said...

Tanya that is wonderful you have lost 15 pounds. I think you feel better not only because of the weight loss but also because of your changed attitude.

Hey the books came yesterday afternoon.
Praise the Lord. Those prayers worked.

Nana C said...

Tanya, you sound wonderful and i agree with Lori, the 40 lbs. is your first goal. Yes, I have heard that coffee (too much caffeine) does not help, but keeps you with the water retention. Also, so glad you are more active, I know I feel better when not being sedentary. Gary and I walk 3 times a week now. See you soon. nana C