Sunday, November 1, 2009


I love Autumn, it is so unpredictable. Yesterday we were bundling up and cold and today we have our heat off and we have all the windows open. It is so beautiful out with all the leaves all over the place and the trees are bare. I reminds me of my life when it seems to be unscrambled or I am hurting, bare and messed up. And I go through a cold and barren season, but soon the buds come up through the ground and trees began new leaves and I am healed and refreshed. Seasons are so amazing, God just made them like our walks with Him. Each season represents the way we go through trials. He is so amazing.

I have been going through this study called "Lord Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days" by Kay Arthur and it has been so awesome. Yesterdays chapter was "Total Dependence on God" as I was going through this chapter I was struggling a bit with why I do not give my life totally to God. I stopped and started to pray and then I journaled it. I started back with the study and God answered me so quickly, I have abandonment issues from my childhood, so I am really not quick to give my life to Him. I realized that I wanted God more than keeping this issues on my heart, I gave them up to Him and I am going to march forward with God. He is my only life line in this world. I felt so great after I let it go and let God.

Then today the study talked about Asking of the Lord. Here is a quote that Kay gives, "Prayer is the key to Heaven, but faith unlocks the door." Awesome!!! We need to be in prayer always and asking the Lord for help continually. I have also realized that I need to be in the word to learn all of His promises in order to know how to pray more efficiently. I really loved this book and I hope that it will really build up my prayer life. I have been so blessed lately with freedom from bondage, health, friendship, and the relationship I have with my blessed father. I am so looking forward to this season of Thankfulness and the soft reminder of a Savior born to free me from sin. My heart leaps for joy and I am so thankful for every breath I breath. God bless all of you and thank you for reading my rambling. Love Tanya

No comments: