Thursday, October 15, 2009

Our women's group is doing this book called "Learn to pray in 28 days" by Kay Arthur. At first I was a little apprehensive in reading this book. I started reading it and I have just loved it. Kay talks about the Lord's Prayer, she is dissecting it and I am really looking at the prayer differently. But it was the awesome revelation that I received from doing this study. Here is what I received.

"Our Father which art in Heaven, hallow be my name. thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen"

So here is the revelation that I was given, I need to worship the Father who is in heaven, Not only his character, but His name above all. That His word does not just make promises for the coming Heaven, but also how to live on earth. The daily bread is the Father's word, debts are my unforgiveness and debtors are those that I have not forgiven. The Father will keep me from temptation and deliver me from evil. For God gave His kingdom, His power and His glory to me if I choose to claim them all through the acceptance of Jesus Christ. I have never looked at the scriptures like that and it really blessed my heart to see God's word differently.

Kay Arthur also sets up The Lord's Prayer as a guide line that we should use to pray to the Father. Worship, praise, petition, submission, praise and worship. It is awesome to see it so differently. I believe that it has caused me to look at all the prayers in the bible differently. I hope that this has not just been ramble and that you take the time to look at God's word for yourself. It is really awesome. God bless all of you and I love you from Tanya


1 comment:

Nana C said...

Tanya, yes you have seen many revelations in your current, and I in the one we are doing in CBS, which is on the book of Revelation. It is a marvelous book, and delving into it has been a joyful time, also full of reverance to our Father. love nana C