Monday, May 3, 2010

The day with the Family

Well, yesterday Jeff and the kids and I went to Jeff's parents house. We had church and then celebrated Teresa and my birthday and Mother's day. We had a blast and it was so fun. Jeff got me one of those picture frames that can store pictures, music and videos on. I can not wait to get a card for it. It has been a real busy time here, with our niece graduating and all the celebrations and birthdays going on. It always seems like Spring and Fall are our busiest times. But I am so glad that it is so. We really love to be together and it is great to celebrate anything.

So, I turned 40 this year and I have to tell ya, everything seems so different. I look at things really different then I did in the past or even last year. I realized that my mind has been my deadliest enemy. I have let so much intrude in my thinking, you know sticking thinking. For the first time in my life I am letting so much go and I am letting God have it. I have realized that I was created by God and everything else is garbage. Relationships, family, life is to be adorned by God and anything that comes my way is either for God or against God. But my focus needs to be on God. It has been an awesome journey and I am so excited to see what He has for me everyday. God bless all of you and I hope that you have a wonderful Mother's day or that some mother in your life is adorned by your love for them. Love all of you from Tanya

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a beautiful post Tanya. Glad to see you had such a great time with your family.
Happy Mother's day