Monday, May 24, 2010

On to the next step.


So yesterday, my niece Brooke Rose Seering graduated from Red Oak High School. Here she is pictured with our cousin John Mertz. I stood back and I took in the events that unfolded the whole weekend. John's party on Friday, Brooke's party on Saturday and then graduation. It was so overwhelming for me and I wondered how overwhelming it was for them. It is hard sometimes for me to grasp twenty years ago at my own graduation. But there it is two new people entering into the world of work and life. I wonder what they will do? Who will they marry and how many children they will have. It is going to be great to sit back and watch their adventures.

I have to tell you, besides being overwhelmed by the graduation itself. I was also overwhelmed by all of Brooke and Luke's friends that did graduate this year. There was Chris Lombard, Skylar Barker, Holly Beemer, Sam Hansen, Heather Adams, Larry Pearce, Juan Ramos, Bradley Telschow, and many more that Brooke and Luke grew up with. I feel so old and yet all of these kids are starting out with their lives.


Next year our son Luke will be graduating. Oh my, I am not sure I am ready. I was barley ready for this one. But I have to remember time marches on and I just need to trust in the Lord. He is going to carry these kids.

Dear Lord,
I come to you today in petition for these kids that graduated into life yesterday. I pray that as they go, that you would be the prominent one in their lives. That you would show them direction, guidance and love. Lord, I know that you love them and all they need to do is reach out to you. I love you Lord and I love these kids. They are always in my prayers. Amen.

God bless all of you and have a great day and week. Love Tanya
For all you Face book friends, this note was from my Blog: www.walkdailyfortruth.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Nana C said...

The pictures say it all....I love graduations...having worked at the high school level for 24 yearsss..it was the best tiem of the year...our grandson is 18 and will graduate on June 16th from Oceanside High School..an exciting time...God has blessed us...love nana C

Tanya Ross said...

It is so amazing to watch them grow from a small child to an adult. I just can not believe that time is gone so fast? Next year Luke will graduate and I am not sure I am ready? I hope you have a great time with your grandson. Love ya