Thursday, May 6, 2010

My mind


I have been doing this bible study called Breaking Free. I did it some time ago with some awesome gals. But I was asked again to do another try with it. So any ways, I have been slowly going through this workbook and I have to admit, it is really challenging me. I did a lesson today on High Places. If you look up High Places in the bible, they will refer to the places that everyone one went to worship. And the worship became idolistic. But most of all, the fact that they would not destroy or get these High Places out of their minds. It was like a drug that they could not get rid of or destroy.

So, I have been thinking about this? What exactly in my life has caused me such High Places and I can not get rid of it. Well, right off the bat, I can tell you two, money and food. And then as I confessed this so many others came to my attention. I have been idling people and past events, friendships and so much more. It became overwhelming that I had to walk away from the study and pray. I have realized that I am an obsessed person and I have let so many idols take up my life. And I only want one High Place and that is God.

So pray for me, this is where the rubber meets the road and I could walk away or stand firm and rely on my God. He is actually the only one who can get me through all of this. I can not walk away now, I need Him and only Him. So pray and I will pray for you. Because every day life can be so hard, yet in the end, the one set of foot prints in the sand are His. And that is because I relied only on Him to do it with me. Everyone else is support and love, but only God is a life preserver. Amen


1 comment:

Nana C said...

Tanya, this post really hit home to me too. I have let God take control of the money, but not the food...notice I said LET, that is a no-no word, I am not in control..He is working on me to rest in His control. Thank you for sharing...love nana C