Friday, May 28, 2010

High Places


I have not talked about the bible lately or what God has shown me. So today I would like to talk about High Places and how they can get in the way of my walk with God. In the bible High Places are areas that caused the kings and people to worship the wrong "gods". If you look at 1 and 2 Kings or Isaiah, it goes into great detail on how these high places became stumbling block for the kings and hurt the kingdom.
I have to be honest here, my high places or stumbling blocks have always been food and money. I can not even tell you how far I have crashed with food. I am a border line diabetic, I lost my appendix last September, I have had womanly problems because of my food issues. It has become such a god to me, I almost died twice, because I would not give it up. But lately, I have really been set free from this small god. I have not really wanted to overeat or put it before anything. My blood sugars have just fallen down to normal ranges and I have dropped 21 pounds. And if I drop 21 more pounds, I may be able to get off all of my diabetic drugs. Which I am so tired of taking. But this is not the point, the point is, I let this small not so important High Place run my life. I wonder is it this important? Yes, food is important because it is the nourishment that we need daily. But when it is used like a drug, there is a problem. But I have to tell you, I totally believe that God has delivered this area of my life and made me realize that food is just nourishment. It is not to be used as a drug. I have really been praying to have God help me with my unbelief and He did. I see it now as just God, not food. I challenge you to check out the old testament and look up all of these high places and what it did to the Israelites. It is a real eye opener. Talk to ya all later, love Tanya

3 comments:

Parsley said...

Tanya, I sent you an email invite to my private blog.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Tanya Ross said...

Okay, I will look into it. See ya soon.

Nana C said...

Hi Tanya....yes I have finally with shame "let God" help me with my self-image with being Fat! I know He is working with me, He has always been here for me...let me learn through this to go to him first instead of being my own stumbling block....thank you for sharing from your heart....love nana C