Thursday, April 1, 2010

I love spring, the new grass, the buds on the trees and the bulb plants peaking through the ground. I find it interesting that the new growth and the newness of life during the spring months. Well, lately I have been really pondering my body and how I have not been really taking care of it. Fear has surfaced like fat in boiling water and I have never realized the fear that is in me. I have spent so many years running to food and spending lots of money. It is so comforting to me, but on the other hand, I really want to turn over a new leaf and be more obedient to my Father. It is just letting go of control and letting God take care of it. I am not sure where God is going to take me from here, I am not going to get hasty and quick to make decisions. I really believe that just know that I am having this problem is the first step. I also realize that I need to flood myself with the word of God. Holding what He says higher than what I want. Well, like they say, "Time for Spring cleaning." and I believe this is true. I appreciate all of you and I adore your prayers for me. I will be looking for an accountability partner. It is time to be accountable, so I will be praying for that right person and I am praying to take my flesh under control. It does not need to have everything it wants, because God is greater. I love you all and I will keep you updated. Love always Tanya

6 comments:

Parsley said...

Ooooh, I love that. Spring cleaning ourselves. Good idea!

Sheryl Sherman said...

You go girl, I'm walking a treadmill each day. start out slow, go up to 3 mph, for 30 minutes to Praise Music! Jesus walks it with me!

Tanya Ross said...

Thanks for the encouragement. It is cool to have such awesome support.

Susan said...

I am so proud of you. Since I started weight watchers three weeks agao i have realized I am an emotional eater. I think I just replaced one addiction for another and right now I am stripping myself of all my other god's and focusing on the one true GOD.
Will be praying for you.

Tanya Ross said...

Thanks for the prayers. It has come to my attentions that I am not only an emotional eater, I worship eating. I have ran to it for so long, I have even been a surface Christian. It is sad that I have place food even before God. I will be praying for all of us and of course myself. Love ya.

Nana C said...

Tanya, yes the old adadge creeping in again of "the emotional eater". My downfall is I have been heavy most of my adult life. I am drinking less coffee and am using less salt. Exercise is a constant struggle. We can help each other though, stay in touch....you will be in my prayers....nana C