Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Seeking

I thank all of you for your uplifting comments. I really enjoy them and yes Nana, we do need to keep each other accountable.

I have been journaling again and I really have been real through this journal. I have decided that if I am going to loose weight, I need to be real with myself and God. Even if it is painful, I need to do it to heal and loose.

I am really looking at when the bad habits started, it started when I was little. I remember just stuffing my feelings and running to food. Of course, my mom also comforted me with food. Food has always been a big part of my life, but most of all, I have not been honest with myself or others. I have always just stuffed what I felt, I did not share with people how I really felt. I would tell people what I think they would want to hear, but really I did not tell them how I really felt.

Lately, I have been able to tell my feelings and not what they want to hear, but how I really feel. I have said it in love and not in anger, but I am tired of feeling like I am walked on. And really this stemmed from my mom. I wanted her to love me so much that I told her what she wanted to hear. I am now going to pray about it and then I am going to confront it in love. And I do have some loose ends that I need to address and mend.

So for now, I am not going to stuff my feelings and then fill it with food. I am going to take out the middle man, food, and bring in the ultimate man God. Thanks for your prayer and the encouragement. I need it. Love Tanya

5 comments:

Susan said...

I too tend to tell people what I think they want to hear. i think that is because no one wants to hurt someone's feelings. I will continue to pray for you as you walk this journey.
Susan

Nana C said...

Yes, I know I have said many words which have hurt others, and words have hurt me too, but we must lean more on the Father. We will all continue to pray for one another. love nana C

A Joyful Chaos said...

Great post. Was good to be reminded of these truths. I am trying to no longer let my belly rule what I do and when. I have discovered that to be harder to accomplish than you might think but I can do all things with Christ.

Tanya Ross said...

Welcome to my blog Joyful Chaos. I am so glad that you have come to join me. I loved your blog and it is really interesting. Take care.

Indian Lake Papa said...

How are you doing? Pray for you and hope your life is staying on focus. God Bless!!