Wednesday, November 11, 2009


As some of your may or may not know, this week marked the twentieth year of the pulling down of the Berlin Wall in Germany. I was seven months away from seeing this, but Jeff was there when it happened. As Jeff and I were reminded of this awesome event, I could not help but remember my time in Germany. I was so blessed to be in a country that was so old in history and full of beautiful wonders. This tower was in the middle of the town that we lived by. It leaned a little and faced towards a cemetery. We lived outside of a small town called Kitzegen. It was a precious town.










This is me, yes I looked so skinny and young there. Notice the street, it is cobbles stone and their Market place was outside, it was like an out door mall. It was so beautiful. The picture on my header is one of the bridges in this small town. Their bridges were absolutely beautiful.
All the taxi cars were Mercedes and BMW's, it was cool to be able to ride in one of those cars.





This is the entrance to the cemetery. Inside these gates there are very old head stones and burial chambers. The rich history of Germany was all around us as we did all of this site seeing. So this week as you go through your daily task, remember the freedoms and blessing that our America has. We may be a young country, but we have something that no other country has freedom, pride and and our own Constitution. Men and Women are in our military fighting for our freedom and preserving the Constitution. I feel blessed right now to be an American.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Tanya, I have always wanted to go to Germany. I took three years of German in highschool and I remember sitting in class watching the Berlin wall go down. What an amazing time that was. Can't believe it's been 20 years. Now I really feel old.

l.ann said...

Such rich life experiences you were blessed to have! God's plan is so awesome! Can't wait to see the rest of it unfold!