Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yesterday, Jeff and I took the kids to Indian Gully for a nature walk and science day. It was really cool. I realized that my husband was a nature freak to say the least. He was telling the kids his old stories of spending hours in Indian Gully with his friends and going through all the trails and such. The kids had a great time, we even took our dogs, so they could run all over.






Here is a picture of Luke and the dogs above Jeff. They were on the other side of the creek from Melanie and I. They were trying to find some arrow heads.



















The trees and all the foliage was in their fall colors and there were leaves every where. I loved the different trees and their mushrooms or left over leaves that are on the trees. I think that one of these trees is a dogwood, it had these awesome thorns on them. Could you imagine those piercing your brow?











Here is Jeff, Melanie and Luke walking a head of me. They were so fast, I sometimes could not keep up with them. And of course, Jeff does not stay on the trail, he wants to explore. He was so funny. He told me after we got home, that he had a great time and he wanted to do it again soon. So I guess we will be taking more walks, that is okay with me. Have you walked in the autumn leave yet? It is fun.

5 comments:

Parsley said...

Walking is such good exercise. I've been walking daily for over a week now.

Susan said...

O.k. so where is this Indian Gully. I am thinking Friday would be a good day for a walk.

Tanya Ross said...

It is at the end of eight street. Over by the railroad dept area. Go on eight street as if you were going to the depot, you will see a tunnel under the railroad tracks. Go in the tunnel out the other side and keep going on eight street. I think there is a sign that will tell you about Indian Gully. It will be a gravel road to your left after a white farm house. Go up the gravel road and on your left will be a round drive way that is all blocked off behind it. That is Indian Gully. You can walk over the fence and that whole area is nothing but trails and trees. It is really awesome.

Indian Lake Papa said...

I did this for three hours on Saturday - but on horseback! Covered several miles of trails.

Tanya Ross said...

Oh Papa, that sounds like fun. I would love to go on trails on horseback. I love to go through the trails.