Saturday, February 21, 2009

What a week!

When I started this blog, I decided that it was going to be filled with truth. I have to say, I did not realize how that word was going to be such a change in my life.

I have been meeting with two other ladies on Saturday morning for the last couple of years. We have done some awesome bible studies and some that were a little mediocre. Well, lately the three of us have really felt lead to study one of Beth Moore's studies on Psalms of the Ascent.

From the time the three of us came to an agreement, we have had been hitting several brick walls. For instance, one of the gals that is in our group is Susan over at houseful of maidens, well one day I went over to her house to down load the Beth Moore Videos. We had a heck of a time and we finally had to pray over the computer and then we had to pray again to finish the down loads. It was such a stressful day. Then we went to the other gals house last weekend and prayed in every room of her house. By time we all came home, Jeff and Luke were coming down with some kind of cold and then I caught it and them Melanie got it. I was so warn out from the week. This morning was the first meeting and Susan's husband could not get the computer to work, I was still a little under the weather, but I showed up. And the other lady was also not feeling so well, but she showed up. We finally got the dvd running and I tell you it was so worth it.

Beth Moore is going to use the temple in Jerusalem and the Psalms from 120-134 to take each step every other day. I will be looking over Psalm 120 one day and then the next day. It is like moving my right foot up one step on one day, and then the next day I move the left foot on the same step. Each step will be like growing closure to Jesus. There will be fifteen steps in all. I so want to become closure to Jesus, but I am a little apprehensive. I know I will need to give Jesus all of me or just walk away from this. This is really scary for me. But, I am also feeling that it is time to stop justifying behavior and action that I have been toying with. I am not fooling God, I may fool my friends but not God. And this deeply does hurt me. The last Beth Moore study I did, it really floored me. I am ready for that again, bring on the growth.

So, when I take a walk closure to God, it seems like I get oposition from the enemy. He does not want me to get closure to God. Well, I have news for you Satan, stand back because here comes Jesus and I.


5 comments:

Nana C said...

God works those miracles in our daily lives, doesn't he!!!! I pray for the three of you in your Sat. morning study, and Beth Moore has made with the Lord's guiding her writing wonderful studies, all from life experiences. God overcomes the adversity for us. Love Nana C

Tanya Ross said...

You are so right Nana, God is showing us this study and He is the only one who can change our hearts. Have a great night Nana, I miss ya. Love Tanya

Susan said...

I am ready. Alittle nervous but ready. Today is my first day. So I will praise him and go on my face before Him!!!!!!!

Tanya Ross said...

Sister, I will be praying for you. It is awesome so far. See ya later, love Tanya

Anonymous said...

Tanya, you could not not have picked a better "bible study" teacher than Beth Moore. I just finished reading her book, "Get Out of that Pit." So, I know your bible study will be a blessings. Wish there was one close by to me. I have looked on her website for local bible study meetings, but thus far, nothing close for me. Blessings!