Thursday, February 12, 2009

Worship

Lately I have to admit that I have been struggling with negativity. From the views of the news, events targeting my family and my friend's family, financial strains and illness, etc. In fact I really have to monitor what I watch on TV, because I can either get caught up in it or negative from what I am watching.


Romans 12:2
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God."


I have realized that I need to relocate my focus. If my mind is focused on the world, I feel no hope. But when I switch my focus back on God I feel hope, love, joy, peace and mercy. Which brings me to the subject of my post. Worship, again I would like to define this word from the "New Century Dictionary of 1952"

Worship:

1.Honorable character or standing, dignity, or credit.

2. Honor paid, respect, or deference.

3. Reverence honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.

4. Formal or ceremonial vendering of such honor and homage.

5. Adoring reverence or regard felt or shown towards any person or thing. (hero worship)

6. Idolatrous devotion; also, the object of adoring reverence or regard.

7. To render religious reverence and homage, as to deity or at a shrine; attend services of divine worship.

8. To feel an adoring reverence or regard.


I believe God wants my focus to be of worship and praise. In fact I was invited to two different Beth Moore studies. Now, if you have ever done a Beth Moore study, she is deep. One study was on "David" and the other is "Worship and Praise through the Psalm." I really had to pray about this, I love "David", but I felt God pulling me to "Worship".


Psalm 30:1-4
"I will extol thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed. O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his holiness."



Psalm 30:11-12
"Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sack clothes and girded me with gladness. To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee forever."


I believe that God wants my focus on praise and worship. My heart is burdened for coming days, so therefore I need to pray. But I am not going to be focused on the days, but on my God. Who will get me through this as I lift His name on high and worship Him.



>

3 comments:

Susan said...

Tanya i absolutley love the last paragraph. Itis awesome. Thank you for this wonderful post.
susan

Nana C said...

Tanya, your heart is right with God. I could see it and it reached out to me through your post. I was in the Bible bookstore today when Susan called to talk. So I walked over and picked up the book you will be studying. May you all be blessed during the study, many Saturday mornings I find myself missing being with you all, but I pray along with you and our God is meeting our needs. He walks beside you and knows your heart. Love Nana C

Anonymous said...

Tanya, it is amazing, I am struggling with the same thing, the negativitiy. Especially when family and friends start in (who are Christian), I am finding myself becoming more uncomfortable with their negativity. I keep professing that "I will NOT take part in this recession!" I am starting to tell people who insist on harping on the negativty not to say it around me. I really do not watch the news indepth anymore. Just try and get the headlines, so I don't appear to be a dummy in the world. Concentrating more on the praise to the Lord! Blessings!