Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Forgiveness is a must.

I have been sitting back and just basking in Jesus arms through this time of weight loss. He has shown me that I have forgiven everyone in my life but me. I have spent so many years on the yo yo machine of dieting and I have never forgiven my bad actions or falling off the wagon. So, lately I have been asking God to show me what part of my life I have not forgiven and so much has surfaced. I have realized that I have held on to so much about me and that is what keeps me running to the fridge. It is not my past or people in my life. It has been me and how I react to my actions it. I have also realized that in order to loose weight and keep it off, I have to not diet but to have a new life style change. I do not want the weight to come off really fast, I need to be slow at it. If I get to impatient I will gain it all back plus some. I am so close to being under my 300, I just want to see more loss, I do not want self destruction to get in my way. It is time to forgive myself and take it all to God. I have also realized that I am not a positive person. I can get really negative really quickly. This is also an area that I really believe I need to take to God and ask Him to help me with my unbelief. So it is time to move forward, will I fall, yes, but I will forgive myself and move on. Moving towards the mark, Jesus Christ and freedom. Victory is on the horizon. Tanya

2 comments:

Susan said...

I have been dealing with some negative thoughts myself. Last night I dropped to my knees and gave them to the Lord. He is much stronger than I am. I am so happy for you, you are doing great.

Tanya Ross said...

Oh, I so understand. Those thoughts will just keep you under. But like you said, once you give them to God, he frees our lives. It is like a breath of fresh air. I am so proud of you and I will keep praying for you. You will raise above it.