Thursday, June 3, 2010

What if?

This is me on my graduation day in 1989. I was thinking about this as my niece was graduating from her High School. Have you ever sat back and thought about what you would do if you were given another chance to go right back here on your graduation day? And all of your future was wiped out, you knew nothing about it. Would you make the same choices, would you do the same thing you did after High School? See, it would be impossible to do the exact same thing. Something would be changed and your future may change with it. See, there would be no way that I personally could go back. God had changed my path at least three different times in order for me to be in Germany on the day I was to meet Jeff. If one thing was changed or I had decided to not go into the Army, I would of never met Jeff. It is weird, I believe God had my life completely planned out for me, I just did not know it. And half the time I did not even realize it until I was sitting down at someone else's graduation or wedding thinking about it. God had His hand in my life from the day I was born. Interesting, I am so amazed by this journey that I thought that I was making and I have realized that God has made it with me. He has orchestrated it on so many levels. I am sure that if for some reason I did go back, God would again set everything up for me to meet Jeff. But it would all be different and it may change my future. But of course I would not know that it changed, because I did not know that I had a life already. I think that I would of changed or hope that I would of changed somethings. But all in all, I would not want to go back. I love the life that I am living right now so, I have decided that the "What ifs" do not count any more. Because it will always be the "God did"!! Love ya, from Tanya

2 comments:

Susan said...

My dad doesn't let my kids say What if. I like that idea let's not do the what if's anymore and live for today.

Tanya Ross said...

That is it, we have to live for now. I like the God did more.