Sunday, June 6, 2010

I have to tell you about my last couple of weeks and the word Grace. There has been a couple of actions that I seen some friends not extend grace and I thought that maybe grace should of been extended. I have also seen this article about this teen who was suspended because he wore a rosary to school. I have also seen my child not extend grace to each other. This has had me sit back an wonder to myself, have I been extending grace lately. I would have to be real honest here and the answer would have to be NO. How can I even judge some one else for not doing the same thing that I have not been willing to do. It is not my place to judge others, but it is my place to examine myself. I have to remind myself here that if Jesus felt the same way that I have been acting, would he have died on the cross for me? I mean after all, we are created after their image. Are we not suppose to act like them. I got their feeling, emotions, my form is the same as theirs. I am created in their image, you can find this all through out the first nine chapters of Genesis, and I am sure it is quoted more in the bible. Then we were given dominion over the whole earth. This important, we are to have grace, mercy and love towards each other. This especially means me, I can not expect this from others if I am not willing to do it myself. So, here it goes, I am going to take the first step and forgive those who have done things to me, or that I have not agreed with and I am moving on. How are we to reach the lost, if we do not extend grace? I need to extend grace, I love my Lord enough to do His will. Thank you Lord, for the grace you extended me. Tanya

2 comments:

Parsley said...

I love this. I too recently had to take that step and forgive and move on. The people didn't ASK to be forgiven but I knew I had to deal with it before the Lord. While they still stew over things, I live in freedom.

Nana C said...

Yes, I have taken up that cross before and the Lord gave me the grace to do it and I love Him for it.... nana C