Thursday, March 11, 2010

I am more up beat then I was in my last post. I do think that God has been showing me more about myself, It is a journey. I have to share something that happen to me this morning and made me look at my Lord in such a different way. In John 11:1-44, it is the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead. I realized two things while reading this, the first thing I realized it that I am like Mary, I will sit and bask in God's glory. I love testimonies of others, I love to read God's word and see revelations in my life and I love to see the movement of Jesus upon lost people. I am right up there with Mary. I would of found the oil and anointed Jesus just like Mary did, I would of even been on the verge of obsession with Jesus. Another thing that I realized by reading this passage is the fact that Jesus is the Resurrection and life, I am not sure how many times I read this and this morning I got it.

John 11:24-27 "Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believe in me though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever live and believe in me shall never die. Believes thou this? She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ. The Son of God, which should come into the world."

Jesus is the resurrection, he could raise the dead right there and right now if he chose to. Why wait until the day of resurrection, He would just do it. Why not, He is God, He can do what he wants as long as it glorifies His Father. It just made so much sense. Why have I not seen it before? Well, I was not ready, I was full of self and lately I have realized that this flesh has got to be controlled by the spirit. And through these revelations I have seen lots of things. It has really opened my eyes to the power of my Lord. Awesome.

So when you go to the bible, let the Spirit lead you, you might be surprised at what you walk away knowing. After all knowledge is power and wisdom comes from the Lord. Amen

2 comments:

Parsley said...

Nice post, Tanya.

I will email you my address for that postcard and I thank you very much for helping us out!

Lazarus said...

LazarusComeForth.com has a bible study on this "friend" whom "Jesus loved" and raised from the dead. It cites only the facts found in the plain text of scripture and you may find it to be encouraging in your own study of this topic.