Thursday, January 29, 2009

Keeping my Word




"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13




I have been listening to some awesome sermons from Michael Pearl at "No Greater Joy Ministries." He did a verse by verse bible study of the book of Romans from the 1611 King James Bible. This morning I listened to Romans 1:18-32 and I was so blessed with such revelation. Michael Pearl pointed out that Paul states that God walks away from the unrighteous three times. He also talks about how God does come to those people who have never heard about Him. I highly recommend that you go and down load this and listen it is awesome.


there is one thing that Michael Pearl quoted from that really gave me that spiritual spanking is this:


"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity, whispers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:28-32


This scripture says alot to me, most of all the covenant breaker. This really did disturb me. I do not believe any of you are, this was directed straight to me. I find that a covenant breaker is someone who does not keep a promise that they made. I make all kinds of promises to God and I do not keep them. I believe that this was such a conviction for me. I need to keep my word to God. He keeps His word, He has a whole book full of His true words that He kept and is still keeping. So, why can I not keep my word? I believe it is something that I am going to work on this year. I am not going to make a reveloution, I just do not keep them. I am going to pray and then place it at His feet. Someone once told me to let Him fight for me and that is what I plan on doing, I am going to trust in Him and let Him help me. Is that not what He is here for?




2 comments:

Susan said...

Yes that is what he is here for to help us. we jsut need to step out of the way and let Him. I think we get in the way of His help one too many times. Great post. Made me think about a lot of things.
thanks, Susan

Nana C said...

Tanya, God will handle the whole mess (that mess that I have made before also.) He is so loving, so in love with us, that we can live for Him. Love nana C