Sunday, September 20, 2009

What a week I had

Well, I have to tell ya, I never know what life will throw at me and this is a dossier. Early Sunday morning of last week, I think that was the thirteenth. I woke up with aching stomach mussel's and vomiting. I thought at first twenty four hour flu or maybe I pulled stomach mussels from the lifting the boxes of books the day before. I stayed down all day and I had a heating pad on. I also noticed that I was running a low grade temp. It was not until Monday when it all would come to a head, I woke up Monday with sharp right pain. I did a few things and the pain become more intense. About eleven o'clock in the morning the pain was so intense that it caused me to be light headed, sweaty and I threw up everywhere and the the pain shot to my right side to the back area. After this moment the pain dulled down and I took a bath and went and layed down on a heading pad. Periodically, I took my temperature because I felt so cold. It would read, 99.3, 99.5 then it shot to the 100's. By six o'clock it was 101.3. I decided that it was time to do something so I called Jeff's mom and dad and they took me to the ER. Well, I had an acute appendix attack and later on I found out that it had burst, that eleven o'clock time was when it happened. So they rushed me in to surgery and found out that my whole abdomen area was infected and my right side ovaries and Fallopian tube. They kept everything except the bursted appendix and cleaned me out. I have to tell you this may sound so intense, but the whole time my constant was God and he showed me every step of the way that he was with me. One of the ER nurses was my old boss, the nurse that took me to surgery was a dear friend Lori Lewis and she was with me the whole time. The very next day God gave me strength to get out of bed right away and start walking around and doing my own tasks. He gave me nourishment even though I was just eating ice chips for two day and he got me out of the hospital sooner than the doctor had anticipated. He was the one who held me up and he even spoke to me while I was in the hospital. He told me things before they happened and it helped to take away discouragement. This was a busy week and I am so glad to be home with my family. I have been home since Friday, but today was the first time I felt comfortable enough to type. I have also been babysat extremely hard to not bend and clean house. What can I say, it is hard not to do things around the house. God is good and I am on the mend, I feel even better than I did before I went in. I think I have been sick more than I know, I am more energetic and I feel stronger now.

5 comments:

Parsley said...

What a horrible ordeal! I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Glad you are on the mend and holding on to the Lord. Hugs.

l.ann said...

Susan called and told me as soon as she found out! What can I say - I was praying for you! Glad you are on "on the mend" and pray His guidance and blessing over you and your family. Wish I could be there to help out somehow! Loves and hugs!

Tanya Ross said...

Thanks so much for the caring comments and the prayers, they are deeply accepted.

Susan said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling as well as you are. What a wonderful testimony to how the Lord sees us through every twist and turn of our lives. Miss you bunches I feel like I haven't seen you in ages.

Nana C said...

Tanya, Susan told Gary and I of your wonderful recovery, and you sound wonderful on this posting, to know how close you could know and feel God there each step of your time in the hospital. With a good friend by your side too. What a constant friend we have in Jesus! Miss you love nana C