Friday, July 10, 2009

"The torture of a bad conscience is the hell of a living Soul." John Calvin

I have been doing training for my certificate in counseling. I guess when I walked into the study I did not realize that it was going to penetrate my heart. I have been going through some major break through just by doing this study. The writer of the curriculum is really hitting the bible with an arrow to a target.

See, what I am trying to tell you is this. You can not council someone to save them. You counsel with intent to let God lead. If you are not right with God, you will be nothing to that lady. I need to let the Holy Spirit clean house for me. I need him to go into places of my heart that I have let cobwebs and dust build. I need to be humble, having unconditional love, being genuine and be full of empathy, not humanly but Godly.

"And herein do I exercise myself to have always a conscience void of offence towards, God and man." Acts 24:16

And most of all, I need to have a clean conscience. If this does not happen, I am already defeated. See, these women who come into the center need me to listen, to feel their pain, to understand in a Godly manner, what they are going through. If I am hung up on personal things I am good to no one. My mind has to be hung on the Cross, focused on the one who hung there for me. I have to eat, feel, touch, see the works and blessings of God. This is really important and this has placed me in an area of my life that has me wondering how far God is going to take me if I sit back and let Him.

"counsel in the heart of man is like deep waters; but a man of understanding will draw it out." Proverbs 20:5

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Proverbs 23:4

God is always with me, as long as I place Him first in my life and heart. It is not a matter of my life any more, it is a matter of another. Where does God fit in your life right now?

1 comment:

Parsley said...

It's great that you can counsel those who need it. God bless your efforts.