Thursday, December 2, 2010

Stress

This is a posting that I did on my Sparks page, I wanted to share it with all of you.


And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed." Joel 2: 25-26

I am a home school mom and on Wednesdays we have video day. We have Netflix instantly, I love going through the Movies and Documentaries. So, today we watched a documentary on Stress. This scientist/professor studied Baboons for thirty year, I know it is a stretch. Any way, during the documentary they were talking about these mom's who have disabled children. The mom's started a support group and were able to talk about what they were going through with their children. In our bodies we have what is called the Toulmin on the end of our DNA gene. As we get older, the Toulmin thins out. But if you are under stress, it will thin out quicker and cause us to grow older faster and earlier. So back to this group of mom's, they said in a study that as these women were baring their souls and healing through encouragement and loving each other, the Toulmin grew back. And this restored their lives.

So, as I was talking with the kids about this I thought of this scripture from Joel. That God will restore what we have lost, our health, thinner body, and taking control. Because that is the answer , taking control of our bodies. As we take control, God will restore us. Also, as we encourage each other and help one another with this journey, we will heal, take control and become filled with less stress. I am so glad I came back to SP, I know I can do this with all of your help, but most of all, I am taking control. Tanya

3 comments:

Parsley said...

Wow. Regardless of if this is true with the DNA etc., I think you are right. With God's help, we can go on these journeys and succeed.

Susan said...

Wow that is really interesting.

Nana C said...

yes, God has and continues to reveal amazing surprises to us and about us.......great post...love nana C