Sunday, August 8, 2010

So, lately Jeff and I have been praying and talking about a new direction. Jeff really loves the King James Bible and frankly there are no churches in our area that teaches from it. So Jeff and his dad felt lead to start a home church. It was a great experience and I do believe that God used it in many ways. But lately, I have had it so heavy on my heart to get back into a church and have worship and fellowship with other women. I also would like the kids to meet new friends. So Jeff and I talked and then we took it to God.

Jeff then asked me to look for a church that teaches from the King James Bible. And God did provide, we found a church in Council Bluffs called the Open Door Baptist. We have not gone yet, Jeff has to work every other weekend and he wants me to wait so he can go with us. But this morning I listened to one of the sermons on the website. Pastor Springer delivered an awesome sermon on Generating Faith.

It really spoke to me and I again was reminded about Faith is by hearing and only by the word of God. Here is the site if you would like to listen to it. Heather , when he talked about Gideon, I thought of you. So keep praying for our family. I love all of you.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I checked out the site and the church sounds great. I think you guys will enjoy it. Excited to see how it goes.

Nana C said...

yes, I am quite active when here in Hemet at Bible Fellowship...have been involved in the missions program..getting up at 5:30 on Tues. mornings to group pray at 6:00...I was unable to attend this last week..but was blessed at home in my quiet praying..as I had the mission book with the families in them...God will continue to lead you and your family....love nana C