Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bible and Journaling

Well, as I mentioned, Jeff and I can only go to church every other Sunday. So, on the Sundays that we can not go, Luke, Melanie and I are listening to Pastor Springer on the computer. This Sunday we listen to a sermon about "Bibles and journals." So here is the site if you would like to listen.

Pastor Springer talked about reading our bibles every day, figuring out a time in that day to read. While we are reading the word, have a journal near by and write down parts of the scripture that really touches us. I do journal, but honestly, I did not think about this. This is a new twist on journals. I always just write my feelings or things that I am going through. I will have to try this.

Pastor Springer took us to Colossians 3:16 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."

The word Let in this scripture refers to opportunity. As we spend that time in the word, it will bless our lives and we will change in circumstances, not us trying to change the circumstance.

I was really blessed by this and I believe that it is time to really get back into the word. I have struggled lately with complaining and falling back into bad habits. The word, I know, will set me free. God bless all of you and I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday.

4 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

I need to work on this more. I love scripture and yet I need to take more time in His Word.

When i see the word "Let" - my first reaction is to "take my hands off". I need to LET Him be my guide.

Tanya Ross said...

I know, the word Let can be misleading. I guess that is where a good word study comes in.

Nana C said...

Tanya....yes God gives me a gentle tap on the shoulder....remember me, open the book....be in the Word with me....pray for others...glorify my name....love me...you have the time.....love nana C

Tanya Ross said...

Nana, can not wait to see you. Susan told me you and Lisa are coming this way. Yes, He wants us to have time with Him. We just have to make it. Love ya