Sunday, August 2, 2009

A beautiful day with family

Today Jeff's family attended their family reunion in Corning, Iowa. We went to the American Veterans building and had a wonderful lunch with family. These are wonderful people and they take their family very serious. Here over in the glass is a Nazi uniform and a American bomber jacket. It was really awesome.
















This lady sitting next to Jeff is a great aunt, her name is Ada. She does all the genealogy for the family. She has mounds of paper work and pictures. And she tells the most fascinating stories about the family. She is really interesting and she has told Jeff's sister Teresa and I that she will put a book together for both of us about our specific family. That will be awesome.


The man in this next picture with the blue shirt and the beard has an interesting story. This is Jeff's cousin Mr. Dillinger. Yes, I said that right, we are related to John Dillinger, the mobster. John Dillinger married Duane's aunt Fern. That was really weird. But you never really know your family tree.





These are pictures of Icaria in Corning. This was the first time that I have ever been to the lake. It is the most beautiful lake that I have seen. It really made me feel homesick. The two ladies walking away from me are Jeff's mom and sister. They were walking hand and hand. It was really neat to see. The wind came up a little and the lake looked like a million diamonds on it. It was beautiful and it was a great day. I hope that all of you had a wonderful weekend.













3 comments:

Susan said...

Marc and I have been talking about taking the kids to that Lake.It looks absolutely beautiful.
Glad to hear you all had a great time.

l.ann said...

Oh how I miss the midwest!!! All of you Iowa(ans) basking in the beautiful weather as my family and I BAKE down here in central Texas; 106 by noon each day ~ yuck!

Glad to hear you had a good time with family - doesn't Titus tell us not to get caught up in geneologies? Hence I avoid them as much as possible! LOL!

Nana C said...

Gary and I will have to go to the lake too. Sounds like a great place. Glad you all had such a wonderful time!!!!!! See you in December. Love Nana C