Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dancing Before the Lord

Sunday, the family and I attended the I Do Care church in Shenandoah again.  I am really enjoying their worship time and I actually stood up and took a banner and worshiped with the banner.  Of course, Melanie as always was out in the floor just whipping the banner around and worshiping God.  After I did one song I sat down and started to sing and praise.  I noticed this lady up on the stage just flipping the banner all around and dancing in time with the music.  It so fascinated me and I started thinking about King David coming into Jerusalem dancing before the Lord.

1 Samuel 6:14  "And David danced before the Lord with all his might: and David was girded with a linen ephod."

Watching her dance just made me realize that the worship and the praise before the Lord is so amazing and each of us are blessed with the heart of worship and we worship in different ways.  Some shout out, some dance, some raise their hands and close their eyes, some sing, do sign language and play and instrument.  But worship is far more than that, breathing, sleeping, laughing, loving, encouraging etc is also forms of worship. It is awesome to sit back and watch and I am so blessed to be a part of it.    

No comments: