Monday, January 17, 2011

Dying to my Flesh

I know that this is a weird subject, but this has been on my mind lately. Yesterday, Jeff and I took our kids to Council Bluffs and went to church, lunch and then took the kids to a movie.

But, it was church that really touched my heart. The minister was talking about the commandments from the New Testament, like "Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and body" and "love each other as you do yourself."

But, it was when Pastor Springer talked about dying to our flesh. Letting the Spirit lead us and not our Flesh, wants, lusts. That when I stand against all those worldly things, I will achieve victory. I have let food, money and other worldly things lead me so much and frankly it has almost killed me.

I am ready to let the flesh die and follow my God. He is my only grace, mercy and hope. Really good word yesterday. If you would like to hear some of Pastor Springers sermons: here is the site:
God bless you all and I am praying for you and I hope you all have a successful week. Tanya

2 comments:

Susan said...

Marc and I were talking about this subject one day. How we have to be so careful not to do all the leading in our lives and let God lead us. He said it is hard to do because we as humans are selfish and we think we know what is best.

Nana C said...

well Tanya...you are indeed a disciple and God is leading you....how precious you are to Him!!!!!! Yes, I was very perturbed last Friday when I found out we needed to replace the engine in the little Toyota....wow....but I "should" have been grateful as that little red truck has supported Gary and I for several years now....when will I learn to accept that God is truly in charge? thank you tanya for your goodness......see you soon love nana C