Monday, June 8, 2009

Update on the book, "The Shack"

A couple of post ago I recommended a book called "The Shack." As I had not gone through the book or read it to the fullest, I feel that I need to recant about it. I had to put it down about the six chapter. I think that it was confusing my faith and I need to tell you that it is not a book that you should read. The bible is a good place to go and there are other books that are fun, like Pilgrims Progress or Le Voyage by Sandi Patti. The Shack, just caused the Holy Spirit within me to scream out and tell me to walk away. I fell like I need to be careful about who I listen to. I am finding that I need a solid ground of faith and I really need to do more research before I even get started in it. That is one thing I am really not wanting to do and that is lead anyone away from our Jesus. He is so awesome and He deserve such praise and not confusion. After all, He is not the author of confusion, 1 Corinthians 14:33.

I also wanted to let all of you know, that for a while now I have been the acting volunteer at the Pregnancy Center here in town. I started out as a board member, then an advisor and I am now the director. Recently, I have been asked to be a paid part time director. I really had to pray about this and I felt the Lord calling me to the position. So now it is in the works for me to be paid as a part time director of the center. I am really excited about this. If you scroll down my blog to my dear friends section, I am working on the blog for the center. I would love to hear from you. God bless you and I am thinking of all of you always. Love Tanya

3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Dear one, some really good news there for you! How exciting the Lord opened doors for you to advance! Amen!

I have heard mixed reviews about the book. Have not read it. Not one to read to begin with, so I am pretty safe there.

Blessings dear one, and glad to see you posting once again!!

Deborah said...

God is so good! His Spirit will always let us know when something is not right...if we're listening. I read the book too, because I was asked to, but there was so much error it would just cause confusion to someone who is not yet grounded. It's sad that it's become so popular with people who just don't want the truth of God's word.

Parsley said...

Just stopping by to say hello. Have a great day.