Friday, June 12, 2009

Random thoughts

I have not done a random thought in sometime. I have been doing some praying and working on a workbook about women of the bible. The first women of the bible was Eve. The study talked about how women have a hard time finding contentment, I am not sure of the connection between Eve and contentment, except maybe for her disobey the tree thing. But, it made me think about my discontentment in life. When we first moved to Red Oak, I really thought it would be for a short time and then we would be back in Washington State with my family. It was for some time that I was not settled here and I plugged Washington to Jeff as many times as I could. Then there was contentment, of course it only came from God. He got me to that place. But, I have to be honest that lately, I have not felt content. I am not sure why and I can tell you that the place I desire is not Washington State. I am not sure what it is, but my heart is desiring a move. Just be praying for me and that I listen to God and not my flesh. And really it is not bad, I believe that all of us need to be at a place where we want to get out of our boxes and be ready for anything God sends our way. Of course, this is up to Jeff also. I would not leave without my family. But, I am feeling it. What ever it is, God will take care of it.

While reading the bible lately, I have been praying for the leading of the Spirit. Not, using my interpretation of the word, but of the spirits. I have also been just believing that every word of the bible is true. It has really made quit an impression on my heart. God has so many rules, blessing, promises and revelations within the word. I am so amazed by it. Why this morning as I was doing my bible study, I realized that God promised Abraham and Sarah a child, and God planned for Issac. How interesting, so we are all planned? Yes, by God we are, it maybe a little more of a surprise to our parents, but not of God. This is very interesting to me, I know most of you probably already knew this. But, it was news to me and it really hit in a mighty way to my heart. Thank you God.

My sister and I have been really working on getting closer. It is so freeing to be able to talk with her and be honest with her. I am looking forward to being with her more. In fact, she has asked me to be there for the birth of her first grandchild and my first grand niece or nephew. So, in December we are going to Georgia. This is going to be great. I have not been to Georgia, Jeff has. I am looking forward to it.

Life, it really gets you down sometimes, but God always lifts you up. Have a great weekend and thank you for listening to my rambling. Love ya all.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wow the trip to georgia will be great. It was great seeing you today. I have missed our times of fellowship
Love ya, Susan

Tanya Ross said...

Thanks, I have missed time with you and Wendi also. You are so dear to my heart. I am blessed to know all of you. Love Tanya