Sunday, September 11, 2011

Birthday Bash and learning

Well, yesterday Jeff and I took the kids to Council Bluffs to celebrate Melanie's birthday. It just blows my mind that my baby has turned 14. I just can not believe how fast time is going by. Any ways, we took her to Target, Walmart and Game Stop to shop, she had some money to spend. Then we ate at Sonic, oh their Malts are so good. Afterwards, we all walked across the parking lot to the Salvation Army Thrift Store. Just a wonderful day with my husband and kids. I love the time with them, it is going to be a short time and Luke will be off with his own life and soon his own family. It is amazing to me to see them grow up and move on, and yet a side of me is grateful that they are. It is weird sometimes being a parent. But in the years that I have been a parent, I would never change a thing about it. I have learned through my mistakes and learned something new everyday. I am still learning and soon I will have to learn how to be a parent to children that are married, I told ya, the learning never ends. I am learning right now how to let go of the control, it is time to let God take over. Every minute of the day is learning and letting go. Time marches on and we have to march with it. Tanya

1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

Hello Tanya,

Happy belated birthday to your 14 year old..I remember when my daughter was that age and it was difficult emotionally - for both of us, for different reasons! God bless you and your family. I enjoyed your lovely little embroidered Autumn greeting card - so pretty! Thank you! I think I have a little frame for it.

Please look for something special from me in the mail. I hope you'll like it.

Blessings and greetings from GA
Doris :-)